Pages

Sunday 25 November 2012

I don't know what this blog is going to be about.

Hiya :)

It's anyone's guess what I'm about to say here... I just kinda' felt obliged to blog today as I haven't in well over a week. I was planning on doing it yesterday but have just had no inspiration.
We've been given a week off after the show and I am using it to be the laziest girl in the world. I've done nothing since Friday night really and keep convincing myself that I deserve it.

I've just said to J "We are the laziest arses in the world."
"Sunday is the day of rest. Saturday is also good...for resting...and have a wee rest on Friday too if you're off." was his reply.
That might just become my motto.


So... the show went pretty amazing.
The feedback I got from the director/lecturer was better than I could've imagined and of course I'm really happy with that, but it isn't the most important thing to me.
The thing is, (and I really hope this doesn't sound arrogant) I always knew I had it in me to do it. From the moment I heard the song "Scars of Love" from this show, I knew I wanted this part. I pictured myself up on that stage singing it in front of everyone I know and love and was so determined that somehow I'd make it happen.

It feels like it's been a while since I felt strong enough to want something and make it come true in the way that I did. A college production might not be the biggest thing in the world to achieve, but the fact that I actually did it is what's important.
I'm glad people underestimated me before, it made it even easier to rise to the challenge.
That's probably the most arrogant thing I'll ever say on here.


So, yesterday I started watching Geordie Shore. I know. It came as a surprise to me too.

I like to think of myself as a relatively intelligent and semi-cultured lass. Nothing special, but y'know, I'm not a complete idiot... right? Then why do I keep enjoying trash like this?!

If you have never seen Geordie Shore (though I'm pretty sure you have) basically a group of raunchy tangerines from Newcastle live in a house and treat it like the sleaziest holiday of their lives- drinking, fighting and shagging excessively. That's IT. That is it.
At first I judged them. Then I sort of enjoyed them. They are disgraceful people with no standards and probably the worst role models on television, (worse than TOWIE. OH YES)  even still, I can't help but kind of want to know what they might do next.
Each episode is pretty much exactly the same as the next too.
Sigh.

I don't know what to say.

I have literally nothing intelligent to say.

I blame the abundance of fast food that my body is burning this week.
It's honestly all I've got.

I promise that once I start eating vegetables again I'll blog properly with issues and humour and...stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment